Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Amazing Summer Layout

Thanks for stopping in.
I have been enjoying making cards and playing with TCP's new release for the last 2 weeks (they truly are the nicest people), but I have been dying to create with my new scrapbooking papers too. Here is the layout I made using Pebbles pattern papers :

The circle was made by tracing around a plate and cutting it out (even though I own several tools that cut prefect circles, sometimes you just gotta go old school;). I broke up the white background by using a Heidi Swapp stencil with Twisted Citron Distress ink. The title are dies from Cheery Lynn Designs on Sweet Stamps vellum (this is the best 40lb vellum which is always on my table - so many uses).
When I saw Stuck?! challenge sketch this month I knew it would be prefect for this layout. The sketch really helped make this layout come together pretty quickly.

 Here is a detail of some of my embellishing:

The flowers are by Recolletions. The pretty green foliage is the Heart Leave Swirl die by Die-Namites which I added distress ink for depth. The Grapevine Wreath housing the journaling is a die by The Cat's Pajamas. I also added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins to brighten things up. Lastly the page's edges were distressed with scissors.

This page is entered in the following challenges:
Stuck?! Sketches  ( http://stucksketches.blogspot.com/2015/11/november-15th-challenge.html )
Sparkle and Shine Challenge 18 (http://sparkleandshinechallenge.blogspot.com/2015/11/sparkle-shine-eighteen-sponsored-by.html)
Sweet Stamps Anything But a Card Challenge (http://sweetstampsblog.blogspot.com/2015/11/monthly-anything-but-card-challenge.html)


Hope you enjoyed seeing this creation.

6 comments:

  1. Love the bright summer colors! Reminds me of warmer weather... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout, love the watermelon paper and the beautiful flowers. Thank you for joining us in our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The watermelon paper is just perfect for your photos....it makes everything pop. Great embellishing too! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the bright colours and those flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches Hugs Sarah x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and bright, a great take on the sketch.Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love the colours and those flowers (I thought you made them! ) Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete