Saturday, July 16, 2016

TCP Christmas Card

Hello and Welcome.

I am still on Day 2 of Heat Wave. Jennifer McGuire showed us how to use water to hold embossing powder. But try as I might, I could not get this to work. So I tried my own idea. I splattered Heidi Swapp Color Shine instead of water, then added Ranger silver embossing powder and heated it. Got the look first try! Check it out:



I was inspired to create this card by the Christmas Challenge over at The Cat's Pajamas (TCP). I recently got this fun TCP set with Sprinkles the cat in an oversized sweater. It just cracks me up. After I finished the silvered background, I used a snow stencil from The Crafter's Workshop with Distress inks. TCP's cat image was colored with Copic markers, fussy cut and popped up with 3L Form Squares. I also stamped the TCP sentiment with Versamark black ink and Ranger clear embossing powder. I finished it off with ribbon and a Taylored Expressions' snowflake medallion diecut.

This card is entered in:
               


Thanks for checking out my work,
-june

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Great idea to use the color shine. I've made a mental note of that. Sprinkle has never looked better! Thanks for joining us at The Cat's Pajamas for TCP Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see Christmas card in July!!! Love your stamp, it's so fun! thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun design!!! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background. Sprinkle looks adorable in his oversized sweater. Thank you for joining TCP Tuesday at The Cat's Pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a cutie - Sprinkle is adorable in red. Thanks for joining in the fun at TCP. Plus, taking on the YNS challenge too. Great job with both!

    ReplyDelete