Thursday, April 20, 2017

It's Spring with Quick Quotes

Hello and Welcome! I have a bright and fun layout for you today! I used Quick Quotes Anchors Aweigh paper collection, and even though this collection is sea-themed, it was easy to adapt it into a spring theme using flower punches!


Designer Tip: You can adapt most themed papers into something else by using punches. You are not limited to just flowers, you can use hearts, stars, clouds, etc. You can also use diecuts or an electronic cutting machine (such as a Cricut) instead of punches, too.

The background paper is Quick Quotes' Windsong WS-103. Windsong papers are mostly light with subtle designs and make a great alternative to plain white cardstock for backgrounds. The photos were printed with my new Cannon Selphy CP1200. (I still can't believe I can go from having an idea, to photographing it, to having the prints on a page in just minutes!)

You know how much I love my PowderPuff Chalking Inks, and I couldn't resist using them all over this page. After punching out the borders, flowers & leaves, I edge them with Rose Petal, Limeade, Buttercup & Sky Blue inks and a blending tool. I then used the same colors to add splatters to the background and to stamp "spring" for a colorful title.





I was inspired by Alicia's fun  Friday flower challenge here at Quick Quotes. If you would like to join in follow the link here.


Quick Quotes Products:
 Anchors Aweigh 100, 101, 103,
 Windsong 103
 PowderPuff Chalking Inks: Rose Petal, Buttercup, Sky Blue, Limeade
 Ribbon
 Cannon Selphy CP1200

Other Products:
 Simon Says Stamp Wild Daisy diecut
 Winnie & Walter's The Big, The Bold & The Seasons stamp
 EK Success flower punches
 Martha Stewart border punch 
 Thickers


This page is entered in:
 
Thanks for stopping by,
-june

No comments:

Post a Comment